Mastermind Loves Star Wars Lego


Hi Everyone,

Confession time: who's a nerd? *Ryan puts up his hand*

So I LOVE Star Wars Lego, because as far as I was concerned, putting together Lego and Star Wars was like combining pumpkin and pie. Well, I'm not sure that metaphor works exactly but pumpkin pie is amazing and so is Star Wars Lego. Working as a Toy Buyer at Mastermind Toys has been excellent, ESPECIALLY because I am the Lego buyer, and get sneak-peeks at all of the new Lego sets well before they come out! Now, I would love to share the exciting details with everyone (for example, I happen to know the entire lineup for 2010 Star Wars Lego already!), but with great power comes great responsibility... and for doing so I would probably be abruptly silenced by a Lego Darth Vader who would find my "lack of faith disturbing."

So what is a Lego Star Wars fan to do? I have the answer: there is a really cool site that I found as I was nerdily trolling the 'net for cool Lego minifigures (the term "grown man" applies to me in the loosest sense). It's called "From Bricks to Bothans" (www.fbtb.net) and it is devoted entirely to Star Wars Lego. These guys get early pics of all the new sets, run great contests, and generally have a lot of cool info overall on the topic. I highly recommend this site for anyone who knows what it is to buy multiples of a single set to build your Clone Trooper army!

So be sure to check them out, and check out all of the latest Fall 2009 Star Wars Lego that are available now at MastermindToys.com! My personal favourites:

The Battle of Endor Set 8038: lots of Lego Ewoks. Hilarious.

Echo Base 7749: Snow Troopers!

Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser 8039: This would be my daily-driver if I lived in a galaxy far, far away.

-- Toy Buyin' Ryan