Since I started here at Head Office back in January, I've been able to test some PRETTY cool toys (all in a hard day's work I suppose). THEN at the end of May when we were preparing for Canada AM and I got the task of putting together a working Ant Farm...Now, I'm not the squimish type, but I have to say, I was a little unnerved by this task. However, I mailed away for the Ants and they arrived to me in a little vial all squirming about inside. So, as quickly as I could I dumped the ants into the Colours of Life Ant Farm ($49.95) plopped on the lid and left it alone.

The next morning, I came into the office, and I have to say, I was utterly intrigued. The little ants had started burrowing their way through the gel and creating their own little universe! It was actually quite stunning (as you can see below):



Now, the really cool thing about this kit is that the Gel acts not only as a substance for the ants to tunnel through BUT also as nutrients - this means once the ants are in the habitat, all you have to do is watch them go, no feeding necessary! The other cool feature of this set is the LED base that, when plugged in, changes all sorts of beautiful colours that really make the tunnels pop!

This makes a perfect first go at having a pet because maintenance is VERY minimal, but still has a LOT of cool factor! Not only that, but it can also double as a night light for the bedroom, thanks to the different coloured LED lights!

Hope you enjoy as much as I did!

--Lisa the Toy Whiz