Lisa the Toy Whiz Joins the Team!


My name is Lisa, AKA Lisa the ToyWhiz (NOT shown on the left) and I’ve been working with Mastermind on and off ever since I was 17! Now that I’m freshly graduated from University, I’ve been given the opportunity to join the Mastermind Team once again, and I couldn’t be more excited!

My experience with Mastermind started when I was the young age of 8 years old. I can remember shopping at Mastermind with my Mom, and exploring all the fun and exciting toys that Mastermind had to offer. There were Schliech animals (cats, pigs, horses!!), books galore and kites hanging from the ceiling! However, my favorite toy at the time was the TORNADO TUBE (MM#12623). When I first discovered this small but fascinating piece of plastic, I convinced my Mom to buy one (in addition to buying me two bottles of pop) After quickly drinking the pop, we filled one bottle up with water, attached an empty one and tested the TORNADO TUBE. It worked amazingly! Over the next few months we experimented with putting different things in the water. Some of my favorites were sparkles (worked very well!), confetti (was pretty but clogged the tube) and various hues of food colouring. If you've never seen a tornado tube in action check this out:



Since then, Mastermind has changed quite a bit, with the addition of bigger and better stores, online shopping and much more. As I look around my new work place, I can see three large dinosaurs just down the hall singing into a pink microphone, a shelf full of toys right outside my office and Lloyd the Llama at my desk. I sit back and I think to myself “I have the coolest job”.

-- Lisa the Toy Whiz